• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa Works 360x360dpi ?

In Versaworks, Roland has not profiled any of their media at that resolution. I believe that 720x360 is the lowest resolution that they provide. If you go to profiles provided by media manufacturers themselves, generally speaking 720x720 is the most common resolution that is profiled. In either case, you are using a 'canned' profile which only supports the resolution(s) that have been chosen.

Bob

Drip Dry

I'm home, so just by memory, you can ( I believe in the quality tab) select high speed. However, I think that sometimes that leads to some banding issues.
You can also make sure you are printing bi-directional in the setup menu on the control panel. The default only prints in one direction.

JT

You can choose the High Speed option when it's available, (most of the time it is 360x720). 360x360 mode would certainly speed up the printer, but I doubt you'd like the results much, unless you were viewing it from Manhattan, and it was installed on Long Island.

Bob

Jack Knight1979

VW

I'm a versa works maven.
I've made about 50 custom profiles is this program.

VW has one profile in the generic banner (generic 3 I believe) at high speed that is 360X540 which is two pass mode. 360x360 is one pass and is useless.

Two pass is useless in my opinion as well.

360x720 four pass is good for large production jobs. Compared two to four pass is like night and day.

360x720 W/pass mode is an 8 pass mode and it good for small banner jobs.

The higher you go the more expensive the print.
720x720 or 1440x1440

Nick

Hwy

Media Explorer tab within Versaworks allows you to copy and edit any icc profile provided you use another name other than the one copied.

cdiesel

I wouldn't say useless.. you can crank large banners out quickly, especially mesh. If you dial in the feed calibration correctly, you can eliminate virtually all banding.

As for printing at 360x360, use Media Explorer and create a copy of the profile you'd like to use. Then you can tell it to use whatever available resolution you'd like. Of course there won't be any profile curves for the resolution..

Jack Knight1979

Two pass is useless to me with Triangle Inks. With the OEM ink it's fine. The yellow with Triangle Inks is not a mustard color, but more of a hi-lighter yellow.

Because of that reds are more orange in two pass mode. I need four pass to yield the density for deep reds. With that said anything printed in four pass mode is superior to OEM inks. However OEM whoops Triangle in two pass.

** Also I cannot edit my previous post, but I called two pass 360x540 and it is actually 360x450. Sorry typo.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say useless.. you can crank large banners out quickly, especially mesh. If you dial in the feed calibration correctly, you can eliminate virtually all banding.

As for printing at 360x360, use Media Explorer and create a copy of the profile you'd like to use. Then you can tell it to use whatever available resolution you'd like. Of course there won't be any profile curves for the resolution..

I still can't find any roland profiles with 360x540 or 360x360 profiles in VWorks.

I realize the print quality will be rough but I would still like to try them out to see for myself. I just did some yard signs that I think I could have made do with 360x540 at least or maybe even 360x360

cdiesel

PCV2 has 360x540 under high speed, but to get to 360x360, you'll have to use the LBV profile.. doesn't print nice on vinyl.

WDP

High speed is only great for Oracal Sticky Vinyl from what I can tell so far. I hope that works for you. I wouldn't go under 540x360 though

WDP

Version 2.6...There should be a dropdown menu where is say ESM GCVP 360x720 highspeed.

WDP

Then my friend, your fucked. lol :) Nosa. You actually have to have RIPC i believe on your printer firmware for it to be a option. Go to Rolands website and see if you can get a free downlaod. You might have to call Cahleefournee-ah in the mourning and ask if the SP540 has the option.