• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa Works Grayscale

EbsWeb5150

Ok Im working in Illustrator CS3 opened a .jpg graphic used an auto trace
converted it to vector printed to Versa Works when it reached the rip it turns to grayscale. What am I doing wrong

EbsWeb5150

RU The post police

Yes, I did post this yesterday. and maybe the day before.
Just trying to use this forum to get answers, to some probelms that have been cropping up lately. Sorry if I posted this more than once but no one has given me a good answer here yet. Just there cheesy comments.

peace.

yahhoo

your question is vague. when you select the jpeg and the "object" then "Live trace" and "tracing options".....make sure it does NOT say "greyscale"....play with the options to get what you want.
If you are a signmaker....you can use flexi's trace (the color trace is good)....but for node editing, Signlab is about 100 times faster.
Life is too short to node edit in ADobe, Corel or Flexi...if you don't have Signlab then go for Flexi's trace...you can control how many colours etc. quite easily and rip/print without switching programs.

Mainframe

If you want send me the file, I will look at it for you, I have done quite a bit of "node editing" in illy, if I see the vector file I might have some input for you, also, I do use Versworks so I would be able to dump it in there & tell also,
pm me for my email if you want.
Bill