• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versa works problem?

proline51

hi there, i am fairly green with the roland (vp-540) and the versa works. i am trying to print a large (for me) banner 4' x 10', with a fountain fill in the background. when it starts to rip it only gets to 20% then seems to stop, i waited 3/4 of an hour and it was still at 20%. has anyone else had this problem, or am i missing something simple:banghead:, any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for any info you can share!:thankyou:
Proline Decals

G

gps-hi

That size shouldn't be an issue unless your dpi is something ridiculously high. Even then the RIP should be able to do it. Have you done any trouble shooting yet? Test it with simalar size, different formats, etc?

The only issues I've had recently were due to upgrades of versaworks to 3.0. Going up from 2.7 required a firmwar upgrade of the versacamm. Then I had do deal with stability issues when setting up print settings where it would basically lock versaworks after clicking "ok". This was resolved by disabling input to queue B.

Last edited by a moderator:

proline51

it was exported from corel x3 at 250 dpi, 200 fountain steps, cmyk, includes header, tiff, 8 bit color, curves. hope this makes sense, and someone can point me in the right dirrection.

thanks, Proline Decals

Mainframe

I would export it at 100 dpi, I bet it will print great, another thing, you may want to try pdf , they work good also, but 100 dpi usually prints well, not sure how it does it but it looks great on my machine, worth a try

dolce05

your machine (Roland) will only see 150 dpi....we print at 100 dpi and our pictures look photo quality. Second thing is what is your computers capeability....we built a crazy computer to rip and export files, and have a second comp for me just to design....if your doing anything on your computer while its ripping it will slow it down............i design sides of vehicles that have a file size of 500-600 mb and will have both sides open at any given time and my comp runs unbelieveably fast (both comps are built the same.) Unfortunately I have a tech who does all that for me, so i cant be more specific...but i'll bet thats your main problem