• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa Works Question

JRay 75

When i am viewing what im going to print in "job settings" or "job list" it is pixelated awful. In settings i have turned preview to high quality but nothing is really different. My question is, Is there anyway to see what I am about to print in true preview instead of the 10 ppi that I'm seeing now?
Thank you
this is my first post

2B

Welcome,

to answer your question, NO it is not possible. if you are worried about accuracy it will have to be viewed in your design software.

or after you export the file, open said file to make sure it is what you want

JRay 75

Thank you for your reply. My problem though is when I put a drop shadow on some art work, its pixelating stuff around it thats not supposed to be. I've had this problem forever now. I've been making my drop shadows in photoshop and bringing them in illustrator. Thats been working, but i was trying to save my self about 5 or 6 steps and just do it in illustrator. In the picture you can see the bottom of the box is pixeled and the bottom of the words above arent. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• pixelated.jpg
    pixelated.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

ucmj22

If I have any photo effects at all, I import my file in to PhotoShop apply the effects, flatten then save as RGB Tiff and use that as the print file. always play to the strengths of the programs. Illustrator is great for vector, terrible for photo effects. Just get used to it.

JRay 75

I guess nothings easy thats worth it is the moral of this story. I appreciate everyones feedback, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions.

massivegraphics

Is it something with a cutline? I know you must flatten transparency before saving file to be pront/cut and eveytime i do that the shadows look like crap. I do like the others suggest and use photochop

Custom_Grafx

It could be one or several of many things.

Read up on;
1) Raster effects resolution
2a) Transparency settings
2b) Overprint settings
3) Colour modes
4) General information on resolution settings

There may be others however reading up on all the above is a good long term solution for people in our industry.