• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versa works

dolce05

Just had a vp540 installed yesturday. Tech shows us some test prints and takes a small file and prints it. Runs us through versa works and done.

After he leaves we start to play around, test some files prints etc. I go to file, then select to drop a job in the A Queue. As soon as i make my selection the computer basically freezes. When I go to task manager comp is running at 100% and is basically frozen. So I end task and all go's back to normal.

Problem is I can't get any files in the queue. Our comp meets all requirments and then some. I even disabled Norton Anti virus to not have any conflicts.

Doesn't matter how small or large. JPG, TIFF or PDF all dont want to go in.

But yet if I reboot the comp I can take a 300 mb file into photoshop and do whatever without any strain on the computer. I can have AI PS and Signlab all open with huge files and the computer runs fine, open up versa works.....no problem till you try and drop a file in

Any help is much appreciated.

Once its in the queue (any job) then we're ok. We had got one jpg to go in last night.

Has anyone had this type of start up problem??

Running Windows XP not Vista

Bigdawg

Just Me
Does it work if you drag a copy of the file to the Queue folder instead? Not had that problem, but until a week ago I didn't even know you could use the menu to add jobs to the queue... the person before me had a shortcut to the queue folder and would drag a copy over to it. If you do this be careful to copy it and not move it or you won't have a copy of the file anymore outside versaworks...

dolce05

we did try dragging as well. No luck . about how long would it take for a file 20 to 30 mb take to open in the queue? Is it pretty much instant or do you have to give it 1 or 2 minutes. Either way we still freeze up. I guess i'll be on the phone with roland pretty soon..........this should be fun.

Does anyone know how hard it is to reinstall versaworks (maybe i'll give that a shot)

dolce05

reinstalled versa works..................everything works fine....guess i have another career if i want.

roland support very helpful and knowledgable.......

walkrite

Did you update your version of Versa Works?

We had the the most difficult time getting CutContour to work for us..Updated, and bang, it works.

Check for an update and let me know if that works..Hope so.

dolce05

reinstalled and down loaded. Have'nt had to contour cut, primarily doing alot of vehicle wraps, so far so good. Did have trouble downloading jpgs, had to convert to a pdf to get them into versaworks, other than that we seem to be doing ok for the first true day with the machine.

thanks for the info.....