• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaArt-640...My New Toy

Charlie J

Here's some pics of what I had installed today. This thing runs amazing.

Attachments

• DSC00456 copy.jpg
    DSC00456 copy.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00457 copy.jpg
    DSC00457 copy.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00458 copy.jpg
    DSC00458 copy.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 80

Charlie J

I was printing the fun stuff earlier. I snapped that during a job that I've had on hold for a week until I got up and running.

kustom.printing

When I get my Vp540 I will just have surge but worry if there is a power cut, do you all have UPS or what would happen if it was completely off overnight.

B Snyder

I've never had an issue with APC brand UPS's. I've had batteries in 2 out of 3 Tripp-Lite UPS's go bad within a year. They've sent replacements with no questions asked both times but I'd rather they just not crap out so fast in the first place.

Spend the $100. If your power goes out in the middle of a job just 1 time it'll be worth it.

Chad.

I've never had an issue with APC brand UPS's. I've had batteries in 2 out of 3 Tripp-Lite UPS's go bad within a year. They've sent replacements with no questions asked both times but I'd rather they just not crap out so fast in the first place.

Spend the $100. If your power goes out in the middle of a job just 1 time it'll be worth it.

$100 will not get you a APC UPS's anywhere near the size needed to power that if there is a power failure . You need a 1000w+ which will run around $600 or more.

Robert72

or you can separate the main inputs and plug a $60 UPS only at the brain of the machine, leaving the heaters directly to wall current. But you would lose your warranty because you've to open the machine to do that.

ChiknNutz

I use this Ultra ULT33046 Backup UPS 2000VA/1200W w/AVR with my SP-540V and it will keep it printing, heaters and all, for several minutes. I've never ran it completely out, but I have tried it for a few minutes with zero problems. Paid all of $230 for it, also bought a 1500VA version for $150 that I use with my server. Not sure why you'd need to spend any more unless you just wanted to.

tanneji

maaaan that is awesome ... so much more artsy looking than our good old VP-540 ... good that it lives up to the name ;) CONGRATS!!! and know how jealous we are ...