Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaArt RE-640?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Brad Knight, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Brad Knight

Brad Knight Member

Jun 7, 2012
    I saw the VersaArt RE-640 on the Roland DG site, I guess it was released in April? Their site says that it's a 64" dual CMYK printer with a MSRP of $17 grand...

...anyone know anything more on this model?

If it's worth the money, then a 64" printer + cutter + laminator could be the most cost effective route for me.

Tags:
  2. Rob Esh

Rob Esh New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Hi,
    I have exactly the same thoughts as you, have you purchased the machine or gone another way, any info would be greatly appreciated..
    Cheers..

3. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    Excellent speed, quality, and value...you will not be disappointed.

4. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    I am waiting for one to come in... I had some help with the site community in decision. No down time to cut after printing, no dust from cut vinyl. Only wish they made 64" rolls instead of 60" then I can install seamlessly one sheet on pick up trucks.

5. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    I got mine installed a week or so ago and I love it. I printed at the fastest speed on vinyl and banner materials and no banding whatsoever. It's got some new profiles that were not available for the VS models. So far so good.

6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we have the VS model and ours work GREAT!!! same machine but has the print/cut

you wont be disappointed!

7. Brad Knight

Brad Knight Member

Jun 7, 2012
    I just got the RE-640 off the truck today - I'm expecting the cutter Monday- I've got a ways to go but I can't wait to get this puppy printing.