• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm ~ Adjusting printhead to travel only size of graphic

recreationsigns

Re-Creation Signs / I Sell Stickers
Found some instructions on the Versacamm about how to stop your print head from traveling the full width of media when you are not printing on the entire width of the vinyl ~ wanted to pass this along as I couldn't find it on this board.

When printing images smaller than the media width or printer width the print head travels the full width. How can I adjust the print head on my Roland printer to travel only the length of the image being printed?
SP-300/540 - On the printer control panel press [Menu]. Navigate to Full Width Scan then press the [Right Arrow]. Using the [Up Arrow] change to Disable and select [Enter].
VP-300/540 & XC-540 - On the printer control panel press [Menu]. Navigate to Sub Menu then press the [Right Arrow]. Using the [Down Arrow] navigate to Full Width Scan then press [Right Arrow]. Using the [Up Arrow] change to Off and select [Enter].

Annette

jasonx

Just a word of caution if your using a take up system on certain media. Reducing the print time might cause the ink not to be dry enough before it starts rolling up. Just make sure you check this or be mindful any time you have very saturated prints to do.

mark in tx

Changing from full width scan can speed things up, but it can also require adjustment to the feed speed to prevent banding.
Sometimes that extra 5 seconds does help though.

It's your FULL WIDTH SCAN setting - change to disable to have the head only print only the print. We change all our new printers to this setting, but do mind the dry time if you are using the take up and having drying issues even with your heater(s) are turned up.

Found some instructions on the Versacamm about how to stop your print head from traveling the full width of media when you are not printing on the entire width of the vinyl ~ wanted to pass this along as I couldn't find it on this board.

When printing images smaller than the media width or printer width the print head travels the full width. How can I adjust the print head on my Roland printer to travel only the length of the image being printed?
SP-300/540 - On the printer control panel press [Menu]. Navigate to Full Width Scan then press the [Right Arrow]. Using the [Up Arrow] change to Disable and select [Enter].
VP-300/540 & XC-540 - On the printer control panel press [Menu]. Navigate to Sub Menu then press the [Right Arrow]. Using the [Down Arrow] navigate to Full Width Scan then press [Right Arrow]. Using the [Up Arrow] change to Off and select [Enter].

Annette

Thanks! I'm going to try this!