• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm = AWFUL TRACKING

thesignguy1986

I know I have mentioned this on here before but after looking through tons of forums I still cannot figure out this tracking issue on my Roland Versacamm VP 540I. I have attatched pictures of simple text with a .25 contour on the image. The carriage cable is great, we have a brand new blade on it and 3 pinch rollers. I have tried to cut fast and slow and still the same outcome. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm tired of ruining even small cuts.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 87

thesignguy1986

Is slides left to right when tracking. The rollers are all good and clean along wit the bottom grit rollers. I have no idea why it would off track that much though. If I were to cut a 2' x 6' logo it would still off track by the paper sliding. Do I add more rollers? Just kinda losing it and again as mentioned im tired of losing prints or doing in pieces

hansman

What Pat said ^^^
In addition on the Roland Soljet 540 you need to be really careful of how the material is feeding as it is cutting. It needs a clear path for the material in the front of the printer. Also, you should try and use all the pinch rollers.

thesignguy1986

I will purchase 2 more rollers. Would 5 be enough? When I originally bought this machine it had 2 rollers only on it as the guy only used it for a single project of printing square things. I do appreciate the help

hansman

5 will be better than 3. 2 is a waste of time unless its a square!
IMHO when cutting something small go to 54" and set all pinch rollers to produce a better final product.

rjssigns

Note: Saying the Cut Carriage Cable is great does not mean it is. We were tearing our hair out trying to get our Roland to contour cut with any accuracy. We took the plunge and replaced the Cut Carriage cable. Made a big difference. Super easy to do and about 50 bucks. It will take you longer to remove and replace the guards then to replace the cable.

Also if there are any hours at all on your rig replace the wheels on the outermost media clamps. Beware, there is a left and right.

Cut Carriage cables are in motion whenever you are printing besides moving when cutting. That's a ton of motion for those micro fine wires.

klingsdesigns

I can use two rollers and i normally dont have a problem unless i am doing 8ft or more.
I think your problem is with calibration.

There is a calibration for print and cut, and also a calibration for the print , read registration, and then cut.

klingsdesigns

Is slides left to right when tracking. The rollers are all good and clean along wit the bottom grit rollers. I have no idea why it would off track that much though. If I were to cut a 2' x 6' logo it would still off track by the paper sliding. Do I add more rollers? Just kinda losing it and again as mentioned im tired of losing prints or doing in pieces

What do you mean off track by paper sliding ? Like the rollers arn't holding it?

thesignguy1986

When I say the paper slides if I line up dead straight the sheet slips left and right. For some reason just doesn't want to feed straight regardless. I will try to get am additional pinch roller and see if that helps and them look onto carraige cable I guess. Just hoping to fix before I go and buy a new ploteer

MtnView

how wide is the roll of material you are printing? Have you looked through the myversacamm.com forum?

thesignguy1986

I am only printing 54" wide material. I talked to a Versacamm tech from Nazdar and we went through calibration again and I changed it just a tad but he said from my explanations that It should cut fine We will keep working on it and figure it out soon I hope.

Cynosure

I have the same problem when doing contour cuts after laminating. All calibration tests come out perfect. I found you need to use all of the pinch rollers and turn the speed down....way down. 10 works for me....