• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm Banner "Banding"

Chad.

I am printing banners on my 540SP and i sometimes get these "banding" variations in the print. I am using US Banner 13oz Gloss Pearl Banner. I was told by my rep that it could be caused from imperfections in the banner material, but if that is the case then i need to make a change, because this happens far to often and is very noticeable especially on black.

Anyone else ever have this problem with banner ? I am using high speed printing, but never have i had a problem like this on vinyl using high speed.

I know its not the rip, because it does not do it in the same place from print to print.

Help ... :(

Attachments

• banding1.jpg
    banding1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 246
  • banding2.jpg
    banding2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 240

RJ California

It may be a heat issue. Have you tried lowering the heat. I do not have your type of machine, but I did run into a similar issue with a Mutoh I used to have.

Chad.

It may be a heat issue. Have you tried lowering the heat. I do not have your type of machine, but I did run into a similar issue with a Mutoh I used to have.
I have not, but why would it do it periodically and not uniform if it was heat ?

RJ California

Good point, my banding was actually running perpendicular to what yours seem to be and was caused by the heating elements uneven heat. If the banding is at regular intervals it might also be a speed issue with the profile you are using. Does it do the same thing at a slower speed?

Hopefully some one else will be able to help you more.

Nice looking banners, which makes your problem all the more frustrating.

bigbly

Looks like what RJ is suggesting, sometimes the banner media creases up if the heats too high causing these light stripes in the print. Which direction do they run in? The same as the head movement or the same as the feed direction?

GregT

With my 300v I notice a little more banding when printing at high speed. When I select normal the banding is all but gone.
Does this happen when you slow things down?

javila

If the white banding is at random intervals, then you're probably looking at material imperfections. When we get to the end of our banner rolls there's always a dark crease on the last six or 8 feet in the width direction. That's from are where the banner meets the roll, and a slimp "hump" forms. Could also be the material buckling on occasion.

If it's consistent and evenly spaced, it could anything from media feed, heat, or profiles.

Replicator

set your print mode slower on at least fine-2 and bi-directional printing and

see what happens, just as a test . . . It's definitely gonna be slower !