• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm behaving oddly...

Ken

My sp300 has lately started to do weird things.
I'm using colorip 2.2. Firmware is 6.2.
I'll be printing a file and the machine will stop printing part way thru and start advancing the material then do the outline cut.
Sometimes the print will get all disorganized, printed out of sequence. Ie: a line of text that is supposed to be blue will suddenly shift over an inch or so and start printing in brown.
This has happened on different files over the last month or so, seems to be getting worse.
On repeat copies of the same file, the first will print ok then the second one screws up, then the next one is OK.
Just now, the cut outline decided to not cut the complete outline, it cut diagonally across the print.
WTF??
I have a good quality UPS for this machine and my work station, so I dont think it is a power problem.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
Ken

Ken

Hi Rep.
No I haven't tried 'cause colorip is all I've got. What would you suggest?
Thanks.
Ken

KR3signguy

printer_wallpaper_215.jpg

Ken

Yeah KR3, feeling something like that.
I just took a break and came back to it. After a re-boot things went ok. First 3 jobs (same file) were fine, the fourth crapped out about 2 inches into the print...

Ken

Really?
I have colorchoice..I forgot..from my stika machine..you really think that will work on the versa?
Cheers!
Ken

Ken

Just ran 2 more prints after a reboot, and all went well. It just seems to me that Colorip has a slow response time? At one point I did have a lot of files standing in the print queue lists but I paired that down to almost nothing and that seemed to help colorip move along a little quicker. Anyone else find that colorip moves slowly? For instace if I swithch from print unit one to print unit 2 , there is a noticeable delay in the switch. Or when I send a file to the printer, it takes 4-5 seconds for the machine to receive the data.?
Ken

noregrets

This is a long shot, but have you tried a different USB cable, or even a different USB port from your computer?

mark in tx

Try cleaning the encoder strip like Gino said.

How old is the printer? If it is more than 6 months old, you might want a tech to look at it.

Ken

I'm embarassed...

I'm embarassed to say..that I really dont know what the"encoder strip" is on the sp300 and I've had this machine for 2 1/2 years. So, if some kind soul could enlighten me....
BUT!, I did discover that I had ( have) a bad USB port that my external hard drive was plugged into..and that was where colorip resided.
A switch to another usb port has allowed me to continue.... So..thanks to noregrets..whoever you are.
And much thanks to all who offered suggestions on this problem..."Many hands make Light work"
Cheers!
Ken