• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versacamm cutting order?

Tony McD

Roland Versacamm sp300v and Versaworks 4.0

When doing a print and cut on small labels, is there a setting for optimizing the cutting order? It doesn't cut them in order...it skips around from here to there.

These are small ovals of different colors that were duplicated in the original artwork. When I print and cut, I think it's cutting in the order I arranged the artwork on the page.

Will combining all the cut lines before sending to versaworks make them cut in order, or is there a setting in Versaworks?

Thanks,
Tony

Gforce1

I'm sorry I can't offer any help but I've always wondered why these printers seem to cut in such an erratic pattern. There is no rhyme or reason to the way they do it.

J Hill Designs

It is set up to cut layers top to bottom...view layers in whatever proggy you design in - that will be the cutting order (I believe)

Tony McD

When it was setup in Corel Draw, I duplicated the 1.5" decals across the page to 28" wide. Then I grouped those and duplicated them into 20 rows down.
All the same decal except different colors.
This gave me a page about 28" wide by 28" tall.
Versaworks is skipping around on each original line of decals, then goes down one row and skips around again. Seems like a lot of extra movement on the head, and not very efficient.

Maybe selecting all of the cut lines and combining them before sending to Versaworks would make them cut in order?

LivinLarge

it is the way you mock it up...not sure why Versaworks "works" like that!! I usually just make 1 of each item i need. Then upload them into que A or B then Nest them. pick the profile and quantity - RIP then print. Seems to then cut in more of an order.

I found that when making a full sheet of an item that 1. I loose space and 2. it still cuts in a random pattern!