• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm cutting problem... Help!

Bullzeye

Hello All,
I have a versacamm sp540.
I have been running versaworks on Windows Vista for about 9 mos. now. I have never had any problems until a couple of weeks ago. I was cutting a "cut only" file when all of a sudden it stopped. I went to the printer and it said it was still processing but it never started back, so I restarted the printer and tried to cut again and the same thing happened.
every once in a while I can get it to cut the whole file but usually it gets hung up .I am wasting a lot of material like this!
It definately is a communication problem but not sure what is causing it.
I can print files just fine, never a problem, but cut files, especially the smaller ones with lots of details are not finishing.
I have updated versaworks.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone ran into any problems like this with versaworks and vista?
Thanks!
Rickey

Chad.

I had this problem about 3 weeks ago, im not sure exactly what fixed the problem, however, i cleaned up the computer hosting Versaworks (meaning i dumped a ton of files, and removed some of the background programs that were running and never used (freeing up memory) ... i also updated to the latest versaworks 2.6 i believe, and i also updated the firmware to the printer.

Have not had a problem since. Another thing to consider is temperature. I have recently found that if the printer is not in its comfort zone, it will not always funtion. We recently closed our shop and moved our printer so our garage, while we try to heat it, its obviously not insulated and we have had some cold nights. . . on the nights i was trying to print/cut ... it would not print and temperature was about 55 in the garage ...

Just some thoughts ...

Bullzeye

Yeah, I just removed everything to a back up hard drive, reinstalled vista, reinstalled versaworks and and still the same. I spent all day "down" and could not do any work. What a frustrating day!
I have not updated the firmware so maybe that will help...
I have called Roland and my distributor and no one knows. So I thoght I would see if you knew.

Chad, thanks for the tip

Chad.

I would also check the file, or send another file that is just something random and see if it cuts. I have also had problems with certain files out of AICS3.

Bullzeye

yeah , i have tried several different files..... the bigger, larger cuts work better than the smaller detailed files (these seem to get hung up).