Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaCamm Error Code 0111

Discussion in 'Roland' started by njsigns, May 12, 2007.

1. njsigns

njsigns Very Active Member

May 25, 2005
    I get an error code 0111 when I send a cut only job after laminating. Anybody else ever get this error? I got it yesterday and need to fix it, fast. I called my dealer for tech support and wasn't able to successfully resolve the issue over the phone. They told me to call Monday if it continues. I went through a cut calibration from service mode, and it seemed like everything was ok. Of course, in that "test" the media is never unloaded.

I reprinted the job, laminated, went to cut and it showed up again. Is it a bad sensor? My Versacamm seems to have had issues right out of the box. It's only been like 2 weeks now that I've had the machine. The machine was throwing an error on intial setup, which wasted tons of ink trying to clean it, and it turned out to be a screw was over tightened by a quarter turn. What would you do about this? This is only the second time it has had an error, but come on, 2 weeks?

Thanks,
    Gene

Tags:
  2. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

I believe I had that at one time. I think it has to do with an improper alignment for the sensor. Sorry I can't be of more help

3. quikseps

quikseps Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Prior to laminating, put small post-it notes over the crop marks. After lamination, cut around the post-it notes to remove them which also removes the lamination above them. Your Versacamm should now "see" the crops marks along with no error code.

There's an adjustment for this but the post-it note trick should work for now.

Steve

4. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    in addition to what was said above to help in alignment I take a sharpie and along side of the alignment dots towards the out side of the sheet I mark the center of the dot on both sides and draw a line on both edges of the sheet then when you put it back into the printer you line up the lines and the holes in the sheet guides this will get you almost perfect alignment every time.//chopper

5. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    what rip are you using?
    what color is your crop mark? ( this could be a big issue if not set to black)

also what happened to me was I would change my settings on the machine and I had the software set up wrong and the software would change the settings back, you will need to check this also ( screwed up my contour cutting pressure)
    just a few things to check...//chopper

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    If you are using flexi, make sure all the software control settings for the plotter are off on the pc side.

7. njsigns

May 25, 2005
    Versaworks - and black reg marks. I'm going to try the post it note thing out. Let you know what happens.

Thanks,
    Gene

8. njsigns

May 25, 2005
    Well thanks for the tips everyone. Unfortunately, nothing worked.

After I laminate the media and reload it in the machine, it reads the media width, I select my ripped file, cut only, and hit print. As soon as I hit print the machine starts beeping with service call 0111. The head doesn't even seem to move or try to read the crop marks. I even removed the laminate from over the crop marks.

I tried the sharpie trick too, so I could line up the media exactly over the cutter protection strip. No luck. Pretty frustrating at this point. I'll be calling my dealer bright and early tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated as to the "solution".

Thanks again for the help,
    Gene

9. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I'm having this same problem right now and I'm just wondering if there is a solution. I haven't tried the post it thing yet but I'll give it a try here shortly

10. signkrazy

signkrazy Member

May 12, 2007
    Dewy Rose, GA
    Mine was working perfectly for about 3 months, then it wouldn't find the crop marks. I got the tech guy to look at it, he replaced a sensor. It worked fine a few days and now it won't find it at all. I'm gonna try the post it notes also. Thanks for the tip.

11. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Error code 0111 = Tool Crop Sensor Position Error.
    I've never had a problem with VersaWorks finding the marks after laminating but one thing I would suggest is to look at your lighting on the printer. Make sure there's no glare or reflections near the sensor.

12. Southern Tier Customs

Southern Tier Customs New Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Woodhull, ny
    did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? i have a roland xc 540 with the same issue.

13. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    there is a solution, there was post here about 4 years ago on how to fix this and what you need to do is go into service mode and adjust the crop mark sensor voltage I wish i could remember the steps on how to get the sensor adjustments, but hopefully a tech can tell you how to get there. once you adjust the voltage the error will go away. and the printer will read the crop marks without any problems

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  14. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    if you get your hands on the service manual for roland versacam it shows you how on page 179 and it goes into page 180

15. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
  16. Ivan Marinov

Ivan Marinov New Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Bulgaria
    Hallo and sorry for my bad English first I have it same problem on VersaCam VS540 for 7-8 months
    but finally fox it . I have to set Crop-Cut Adjustment in the Service menu and and problem solved
    but be aware in SERVICE MENU not regular one when i got inside parameters was only XXXXXX change it adjust it and hope will be done good luck