• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Error Code 0111

njsigns

I get an error code 0111 when I send a cut only job after laminating. Anybody else ever get this error? I got it yesterday and need to fix it, fast. I called my dealer for tech support and wasn't able to successfully resolve the issue over the phone. They told me to call Monday if it continues. I went through a cut calibration from service mode, and it seemed like everything was ok. Of course, in that "test" the media is never unloaded.

I reprinted the job, laminated, went to cut and it showed up again. Is it a bad sensor? My Versacamm seems to have had issues right out of the box. It's only been like 2 weeks now that I've had the machine. The machine was throwing an error on intial setup, which wasted tons of ink trying to clean it, and it turned out to be a screw was over tightened by a quarter turn. What would you do about this? This is only the second time it has had an error, but come on, 2 weeks?

Thanks,
Gene

GregT

I believe I had that at one time. I think it has to do with an improper alignment for the sensor. Sorry I can't be of more help

quikseps

Prior to laminating, put small post-it notes over the crop marks. After lamination, cut around the post-it notes to remove them which also removes the lamination above them. Your Versacamm should now "see" the crops marks along with no error code.

There's an adjustment for this but the post-it note trick should work for now.

Steve

chopper

in addition to what was said above to help in alignment I take a sharpie and along side of the alignment dots towards the out side of the sheet I mark the center of the dot on both sides and draw a line on both edges of the sheet then when you put it back into the printer you line up the lines and the holes in the sheet guides this will get you almost perfect alignment every time.//chopper

chopper

what rip are you using?
what color is your crop mark? ( this could be a big issue if not set to black)

also what happened to me was I would change my settings on the machine and I had the software set up wrong and the software would change the settings back, you will need to check this also ( screwed up my contour cutting pressure)
just a few things to check...//chopper

player

If you are using flexi, make sure all the software control settings for the plotter are off on the pc side.

njsigns

what rip are you using?
what color is your crop mark? ( this could be a big issue if not set to black)

Versaworks - and black reg marks. I'm going to try the post it note thing out. Let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Gene

njsigns

Well thanks for the tips everyone. Unfortunately, nothing worked.

After I laminate the media and reload it in the machine, it reads the media width, I select my ripped file, cut only, and hit print. As soon as I hit print the machine starts beeping with service call 0111. The head doesn't even seem to move or try to read the crop marks. I even removed the laminate from over the crop marks.

I tried the sharpie trick too, so I could line up the media exactly over the cutter protection strip. No luck. Pretty frustrating at this point. I'll be calling my dealer bright and early tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated as to the "solution".

Thanks again for the help,
Gene

Charlie J

I'm having this same problem right now and I'm just wondering if there is a solution. I haven't tried the post it thing yet but I'll give it a try here shortly

signkrazy

Mine was working perfectly for about 3 months, then it wouldn't find the crop marks. I got the tech guy to look at it, he replaced a sensor. It worked fine a few days and now it won't find it at all. I'm gonna try the post it notes also. Thanks for the tip.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Error code 0111 = Tool Crop Sensor Position Error.
I've never had a problem with VersaWorks finding the marks after laminating but one thing I would suggest is to look at your lighting on the printer. Make sure there's no glare or reflections near the sensor.

asd

there is a solution, there was post here about 4 years ago on how to fix this and what you need to do is go into service mode and adjust the crop mark sensor voltage I wish i could remember the steps on how to get the sensor adjustments, but hopefully a tech can tell you how to get there. once you adjust the voltage the error will go away. and the printer will read the crop marks without any problems

Last edited:

asd

if you get your hands on the service manual for roland versacam it shows you how on page 179 and it goes into page 180

Ivan Marinov

did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? i have a roland xc 540 with the same issue.
Hallo and sorry for my bad English first I have it same problem on VersaCam VS540 for 7-8 months
but finally fox it . I have to set Crop-Cut Adjustment in the Service menu and and problem solved
but be aware in SERVICE MENU not regular one when i got inside parameters was only XXXXXX change it adjust it and hope will be done good luck