• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm Grey printing Tan

binki

I have a supplied image that is a jpg which is fine. It has a lot of grey in it and it is printing tan or brownish. What adjustments can I make for this?

binki

VS-300, Textile Heat Transfer, 6 color ink with double white (no white ink)

The image is a hand drawing scanned in. The pink lines are the cut lines

1645117272977.png
1645117316735.png

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I have a VS-300i and it is notorious for putting in way too much magenta, which I would say is what yours is doing in this case. I would go into the color adjustment screen in versaworks and take out a bit of magenta (3 or 4 notches), maybe add a little cyan (1 or 2 notches).

binki

Here is where I am at right now. It is a little better but not quite, I am working on the image now to see if I can make some adjustments.
1645117843619.png

Zoogee World

Here is where I am at right now. It is a little better but not quite, I am working on the image now to see if I can make some adjustments.
View attachment 157935
I might increase the contrast a bit, but you can also adjust the tone curves for the colors as well. I find it gives greater variations if the slider isn't enough.

binki

Thanks for the help. I was able to move the brightness to the left all the way and with the other changes it is really close. I just don't understand when I print on my desktop printer it looks good and the versacamm doesn't even look like the same image.

Zoogee World

The main reason is how the printer reads it. Your desktop printer has a smaller gamut range compared to the wide format printer. We have a small business laser printer we print the paperwork and the proofs on, but the colors are always a lot different. I know that there is a way to calibrate the wide format printer using a spectrometer so that it is more calibrated to the color chart. I've never done it myself, but haven't had any issues matching colors yet with a little tweaking in the color menu.

binki

I was finally able to get it close enough by pulling magenta and yellow down, black up, left cyan alone, leaving contrast and brightness alone and using a profile that didn't put as much ink down and selected the fast print to cut more ink out.

Zoogee World

I was finally able to get it close enough by pulling magenta and yellow down, black up, left cyan alone, leaving contrast and brightness alone and using a profile that didn't put as much ink down and selected the fast print to cut more ink out.
Awesome.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Might consider changing your color in illustrator or Photoshop from CMYK to RGB and see if that changes things as well. I find that having the rip interpret the color from RGB makes a big difference on color.

Maybe for next time.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The old VersaCAMM VP540 printer we used years ago was notorious for having unstable grays. There was this one vehicle graphics job we had where there was this silvery-gray diamond plate texture in the background. That gray would shift between having a green or red cast. Literally one end of the print would have a different color tint than the other end of the print. You could roll both ends of the print around to meet each other and see the huge color shift plain as day. We had the machine serviced and tried all sorts of other experiments. In the end we just had to stay away from printing anything with a neutral grayscale tone. I was so glad when we retired that printer and replaced it with an HP Latex unit.