• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm Help Required. Cleaned Head Now Not Printing

phototec

i responded in the PM, but i'll paraphrase here as well.

It fired a few specks of black ink, so electrical is probably good. Ink can get to, and stay in the dampers. If ink can make it to the head, but not through, its usually a cap or drain line issue. If 3rd party ink, it's probably hardened in the drain line causing a blockage. The cap seal itself could be dirty or damaged, or the alignment of the caps to the heads is off. Any one of those breaks the seal to the pump, and no ink can be pulled through the head.

Seperating the drain lines at the Y connector before the pump, you can hook a syringe to the drain lines of each cap, and give a pull to see if there is vacuum with a good seal, or a hiss of air from a bad one.

Ragnabrok, I have an older SP-540V and have replaced captops several times (myself), however I have NEVER adjusted the captop height, is that something that should be done when you change out the captops? How often?

Speedsterbeast

i responded in the PM, but i'll paraphrase here as well.

It fired a few specks of black ink, so electrical is probably good. Ink can get to, and stay in the dampers. If ink can make it to the head, but not through, its usually a cap or drain line issue. If 3rd party ink, it's probably hardened in the drain line causing a blockage. The cap seal itself could be dirty or damaged, or the alignment of the caps to the heads is off. Any one of those breaks the seal to the pump, and no ink can be pulled through the head.

Seperating the drain lines at the Y connector before the pump, you can hook a syringe to the drain lines of each cap, and give a pull to see if there is vacuum with a good seal, or a hiss of air from a bad one.

So I checked the seal on the captop as suggested. It seemed to seal and suck ink through to the Y connector.
I crossed the cables over at the heads from the M/Y to the B/C and it prints black and cyan. See attached. So I'm guessing it's something else.- But I'm still sure I need a new head- But I still don't think it will fire until I find the reason for only two cables working.

Attachments

• Print 1.jpg
    Print 1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Print 2.jpg
    Print 2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 62

Ragnabrok

Ragnabrok, I have an older SP-540V and have replaced captops several times (myself), however I have NEVER adjusted the captop height, is that something that should be done when you change out the captops? How often?

Captop height, no. captop position, yes.

2 things at play for the position. The lock position, where it hold the head in place, and the cap assembly position. It's easier to loosen the captop assembly (4 screws at the base), lock the heads and move the assembly to where everything looks most centered then screw the cap assembly back in.

63Comet

Check the pump hoses that connect to the pump below the damper. These may be clogged and not pulling anything through.