• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm is all jacked up

Test print from control panel & clean cycle every 2 days . 1 CMYK 1-100% each channel 1-2 times a week . Mine is @ 16" x 8". Unit stays on 24/7 on UPS. Do a head soak (clamp off drain tube) fill capping station with cleaning solv. Also make sure your wiper scraper is clean, so the wipers don't pick up gunk before wipe & transfer to head. I would call Roland also . They are aware of the black head & pump problems , I know they have replaced some out of warranty parts pertaining to these problems.

signsbygeorge

I don't want to sound stupid, with my new Roland, which my manager knows more about than me, but doesn't leaving the unit on waste ink? I am looking at the waste bottle, and after spending 900 some dollars on my 1st set of long inks, I am wondering, couldna that ink been used for something better? Than just flushing the lines?

ChicagoGraphics

All inkjet printers use ink for the cleaning process, plus its next to nothing to how much ink is used during that time.
Whats cheaper turning your main power off or wasting a little ink?
That little ink in your waste bottle will save you $$$ down the road
for new heads and such.

It's called maintenance

signsbygeorge;132884 doesn't leaving the unit on waste ink? after spending 900 some dollars on my 1st set of long inks said:
Heads, dampers, pumps , cap-tops , Cost Money. So dose down time when your printer dose not work. It's your equipment , you can do what you want with it.

Geary

You've had it only a year....hardly used....free pump.....and it STILL cost you 1200? Good Lord! That doesn't make sense at all. Warantee is for the pump only? Did they prove that the head and dampers was your fault? Yikes!

~gear

signage

I agree with Gary, if the pump fails then the head is not purged properly while in the cleaning mode!

High Octane

Pump was still good...however Roland has a free pump replacement as the old pumps were failing with the Max ink switch over....

threeputt

Sorry to learn of your troubles.

Cleaning is super important and also running the machine in as clean an environment as possible. These machines are wonderful, but they won't take any kind of abuse on the print heads.

My advice is to please try to run your machine once a week at the minimum. Ours runs pretty much all day, everyday so it's not an issue for us. But you can make an awful lot of money with the Roland. Agree with previous poster. Can you cycle some of your cutting jobs to print jobs?

Good luck. Glad you're back up and running.

ChiknNutz

The newer firmware (I forget which one it started with) does a mini on-off cycle to help alleviate this...is yours going thru this?