• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm knife skipping

cfbeagle

Has anybody had trouble with the plotter knife in their SP-540 skipping? Mine has started leaving about 1/8" long skips. Most often in tight corners. Its like it might be riding up on the media.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks

zmatalucci

I had problems w/ versaworks not cutting a dull circle or oval, so I put a larger rectangle behind the contour cut and it solved my problems.

Mosh

Replace the blade if that does not work replace the blade holder. Sounds like the blade is sticking and not turning the corner. I had this happen on one of our Roland potters, new blade holder fixed it right up.

Doyle

Replace the blade if that does not work replace the blade holder. Sounds like the blade is sticking and not turning the corner. I had this happen on one of our Roland potters, new blade holder fixed it right up.

+1, I was pulling my hair out over this, had a huge order of decals that I printed/cut and cuts were bad on 75% of them (in tight corners like you), I started a thread on here and someone suggested the blade holder bearings had gone bad, replaced it (blade holder) and all was well.... replace the blade while you're at it because it has been dragging your blade in the corners and has probably ruined the tip.

Sticky Signs

Been having the same problem but only on stuff that's been laminated. Used a super lube in the blade holder. Didn't quite do the trick so we switch to a 60 degree blade and changed the offset value. Seems to work pretty good now.