• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm pinch roller error...

Ken

SP300 issue...
I'm getting a pinch roller not correct message from the display.
Pinch rollers are set correctly.
When I do a restart it tells me I have Zero media width.
When I try to print I get an internal error message(not sure what number..I'm not at the machine right now) then I have to restart ( with the normal cleaning function running again)to do anything.
I had this once before but it went away on a reboot of the machine.
I cleaned the encoder strip. Although I could use some pointers on that..not sure.
How do I clean the optics on the head frame?
Suggestions?
Thanks.
Ken

Ken

Honest..I did do a thread search before I posted my questions.
After I posted I found some related threads about cleaning up overspray and flex cable etc. Actually, I now remember that I had replaced the flex cable about 3 -4 years ago. Looks like that's where I'm headed again.
I'd still like to know how to clean the sensors?
Thanks.
Ken

Are you getting the error on 54" but usually not on 36" or smaller medias? That is an indication that is probably the cable. Usually pinch roller error is the cut carriage flex cable. It could be encoder strip, too. It, also, could be a dirty pinch roller sensor. But most likely it's the flex cable -they go bad quite frequently.

The pinch roller sensor is on the back side of the cut carriage. If you were to take off the sheet cut blade you'll find a little black sensor with a fish eye just around the corner facing the Y-rail. You dont have to take off the sheet cut blade, u can reach back with a swab and clean it with alcohol(power off)that way. Also, clean the silver tabs that the eye reads on the outside pinch rollers.

Also, just to be sure you're not missing something, you do need to have the pinch wheels directly over a grit roller.

My moneys on the flex cable, though.

Speedsterbeast

I has a similar problem a few days ago, but I was cheating the width too much on the grit rollers- It turned out that the pinch rollers had to be completely 100% covering the grit part of the rollers on the bottom

Ken

Ok..I replaced the flex cable to the print head and back to normal.
I still don't know what that encoder strip does? Anyone...?
Thanks for help.