• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm printing issue

landdesigns

I noticed today that my vp300 Versacamm has developed a printing problem, when printing black i noticed black blotchy marks and black spiderish web looking marks. I did a manual cleaning and a couple printer cleanings and no luck. Did a test print and the black seems messed up. What should i do next or what can i do myself.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCI1033.jpg
    DSCI1033.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCI1025.jpg
    DSCI1025.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 102

Malkin

Static for sure (deflecting the ink into weird patterns)
Try wiping down the vinyl before it prints to see if it helps.

Try to reduce static in your environment and add some humidity if you can.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay... Oracal what ?? The part number, also...... please ??

This is important ??

Malkin

I also get it on the 3651ra and not on my 3M material or Ultraflexx banner.
The roll just seems to be charged with static.

Your black printhead is definitely on the way out, and that will cause graininess and banding, but I believe that the splotches of fuzziness on the vinyl where it's supposed to be just white is from static displacing ink when it's fired.

Try printing the same design but change all the black to cyan, you'll probably see similar results but with blue fuzziness.

threeputt

I think you're bux ahead to have a tech do it. But that's just me. Also, we have the sp-540 but I suspect it's the same as the sp-300.

There's head alignment, so it's just not a plug and play thing, but if you're really handy, maybe you could do it.

landdesigns

Seems to be 3165ra material its doing it on, I did prints on solovex removable vinyl and 3195ra vinyl and the prints came out fine.

I purchased a kit to remove static electricity from the vinyl, but the 3165ra still having issues.

I like using the 3165ra vinyl on race cars easy to apply but if the prints come out bad I cant use it, sucks.