• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm problem...

3dsignco

Ken, What I did on that cable as it kept jamming up is I took some 3/4 masking tape and ran just one strip along that mylar strip. It seemed to strenthen up that strip so it would not bend and flop so easy and would ride in the track, (Poor man aligator ribbon protector) never had a problem since then with that jam.

Designer85

My Ribbon Cable is doing the same thing (making bad slapping sound) It hasn't affected the prints or jammed or anything yet, but sounds horrible. Do you have to order a new one through Roland? How much?

Replicator

You can usually get parts from any Roland distributor . . .

My recommendation is that you let them send a service tech out to install the parts for you !

WOODBS

how many of you guys with 300's have had this problem? i have had no issue yet but warranty is coming up due to expire soon. tech friend said it was not really worth the 1495 to get another year, but now i'm not sure?

Designer85

My 300 was bought used several months ago from an individual and came like this. So far I haven't had any problems printing or cutting, but I didn't want it to catch and jam up like what happened to Ken. I wouldn't think that a cable would cost that much, so I'm not sure if it would be worth $1495 for an extended warranty either. I think I could probably repair this myself but wanted to see what everyone else thinks first.

Ken

Hey guys and gals. I did manage to repair this myself. Parts were about $85.
I had a snag in that I was sent the wrong parts ( for a 540) so that caused a delay, and I was pretty pissed about that. " Cause I had my machine all apart, ready to install the new stuff, with the disassembly fresh in my mind..I find out - wrong parts..another week before correct stuff arrived and the re-install didn't go as well as I would have liked, but I got'er done. While I was at it, I changed to the new pump, upraded firmware and the MAX inks thing.
If you need details from my fading memory of this process..ask. You WILL need a magnetic phillips screwdriver... My tech guy was a good coach over the phone.
Cheers!
Ken