• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Profiles

CentralSigns

If I set up a profile in machine and use that for a print job, will it remain the default untill I take the material out , lift the tension foot. Not really sure how this works, any ideas? I keep getting caught, the machine set profile is perfectly set up but I occasionally forget to turn it on at the machine. If I don't remember it defaults to generic vinyl and that profile is way out in Versaworks itself. How do I make the machine profile to one used always, or how do I bring the machine profile into VersaWorks. Get my meaning?

rozankan

Loading Profiles

Just to clarify, when you double-click on Queue A and Queue B, you are changing the default settings. The Quality Tab lets you set the Media type, profile and resolution. So if you want to set Queue A for example to your most common Glossy Vinyl and Queue B for your Glossy Banner then when you bring jobs into the Queue, the right media profile will be used consistently unless you override the settings for that particular job.

In the printer control panel, you can store media presets which include items such as the bi-directional calibration, print/cut adjust, etc.

The color profiles are not stored in the printer control panel media settings. They are part of the VersaWorks list of media settings which you see in the Quality tab or in the Media Explorer menu.

Other controls such as Media Feed Calibration and Heater Controls are listed in the Printer Controls tab in VersaWorks and can override the printer presets as needed.

Feel free to PM or call our Technical Support Department at 1-800-542-2307 and Press "1".

----------------------
Robert Ozankan
Senior Product Manager - Color Products
Roland DGA

CentralSigns

I was refering to printer presets in the printer control panel. How can I get a certain one that is set up perfectly in the printer preset panel into my versaworks screen presets. If I don't specify in the printer I egt poor results cutting.

J

john1

Depending on the material you will need to adjust the heater settings including the print and dryer settings. I know on my Roland Versacamm (sp300i) banner material needs to have the print 22 degrees cooler or the banner will wrinkle from the heat and cause head strikes on the material.

What i do is load the job in the RIP (versaworks) and double click it and apply the profile that job needs. Repeat this for each job. Oh and you'll need to set the blade depth if doing contour cutting on unlaminated and laminated prints.

Good luck!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
If you want consistent results to show every time you open VersaWorks
go to Edit> Queue A setting or Queue B setting and select the media, resolution, etc.
that you want to show every time. Those will now be your default settings.

On the Printer Controls tab you can either select "use custom settings" or "use printer settings".