• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm pump went bad.... What A Mess! Check Yours.

DBrock5150-

If you have a VersaCamm you may want to check to make sure you don't need to replace a pump. I'm not sure what the pump is called, exactly, but it is located in the front of the machine, behind a panel that is held in by 3 screws. One function is to the waste ink in to the little bottle on the underside. Check with your distributor to see if needed.

Here's Why..........

I recently purchased a new building to move my shop to. 4000 sq ft open building. I built about 1500 sq ft of office space. All new with new tile floor. On Friday I moved all of my large equipment in and left for the night. Saturday morning, I went back in to start unpacking, opened up the door to my print room, and there was a Lake of Ink on my brand new tile. The pump had gone bad and the machine wasn't even turned on. Now I've pulled up the new tile and am installing a new pump on monday.

Velocity

There was a recomendation to upgrade the pump from my distributor from Roland. Wonder if your problem is why that was initiated.

DBrock5150-

I believe it was. I was able to call my distributor on saturday, at home, and that is the case. The new pump won't cost me anything, other than some new tiles.

totalimage

Yes it is under warrenty. We just had ours replaced at no charge. I believe the tech said it was the same pump Mutoh uses.

DBrock5150-

i changed out the pump myself today, took about 30 minutes to do. The instructions were pretty easy to follow, i'm having a little trouble getting the firmware upgrade to work, but I'll get it tomorrow