• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm reading problem

DRamm76

We have seen this happen on the SC-540 but never had it happen (well until now) on the VP-300. Try reseting the network card and see if that helps.

TresL

Try cleaning the encoder strip.
But, do a search on here first, lots of post about it and what to use to clean it.

Mine does it every so often, if I move the location of one of the rollers 1/8" it helps.

DCaptDan

A network card reset is for when Versa Works doesn't get the media width from the printer. If the printer itself does not read the media, it can be the pinch roller sensor. The printer does not read the "media" it reads the position of the pinch rollers to determine the media width. The sensor is located on the tool carraige behind the crop mark sensor. Check to see the sensor is not obstructed by foreign material. (dust, vinyl scraps. etc.)

BTW. You can clean the encoder strip with rubbing alcohol ONLY. Do not use the cleaning solution you use to clean the other parts of the machine. Anything stronger will fog the strip and ruin it.

njsignguy

had this happen to me yesterday. I cleaned the encoder strip and still nothing. i then moved the cutter tool over and then was able to see to ink droplets on the encoder strip located above the sponge and wiper area. took some rubbing alcohol and got those 2 droplets off and worked like normal. woooo hooo. thank god.

strypguy

Same problem and mine was the cut carriage cable. If I moved the rollers inward it would read the width so as long as you are not printing full width you may get by.

Could be other things as well.

Signs the cable is getting worn is if you hear a "slapping' noise as the printer moves side to side or a binding of the cable.

John