• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm SP- 300 Print Head

Terryb62

HI All ! ....Newbie from Boston.

Having some issues with my Roland VersaCamm sp 300v , changed a print head maifold and now the yellow and magenta head is not printing, is there a test to do to see if the head failed . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks TerryB

GTSTech_1

Test the fuse (F3 i think) on the mainboard. If the fuse is bad then no signal is being sent to the head, chances are the head has a short and is blowing the fuse.

My .02

GTSTech_1

tommyjorgensen

Hello,

I have one with the exact same problem, Where can I get the fuse? I allready have a new printhead installed but it just wont fire. Does anybody knows how to test a printhead to find out if it has a short without installing it?

Thanks.

dirtracer23

Dont think it can be done ( testing head ), I just had the problem with a bad head and burned up two main boards, before I changed the head and now seams fine. I have a SP-540V and the printhead fuses are on the bottom right hand side of the main board two white little fuses side by side and underneath two flat cables that plug into the board. I tested the fuses with a 110v tester, touch the top of both fuses and if one doesnt have voltage, its blown. mac media in chester NY was a great help and repaired the boards for me.

GSGservice

Use an Ohms meter and check F3 on the main board for continuity. If it's open it's blown. But even simplier is to use a syringe to pull some ink (with the heads capped) from the cap top line (where it connects into the pump) into a syringe. If you can pull in ink it most likely is the fuse. However if you changed the manifold you might not have gotten the gasket inside lined up to seal properly or you may have cracked the manifold when you put the dampers on there. Did you precharge the dampers with ink?