• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm SP-300v Preheating off but heat is still on

Techy Ant

So recently I had to reset the printed due to the sheet detection issues (cleaning took care of it).
Because the printer was throwing some errors that required a reset, I did reset it. Now weird things are happening. The cleaning cycle sounds very fast and different from what it was, but most importantly, the printer bed preheats regardless of whether the preheat is set to OFF or not. As soon as I turn on the sub-power, t starts heating up.

How do I turn off the preheat on the printer? And any idea why the cleaning cycle now sounds and runs differently?

Thanks!
David

Techy Ant

So recently I had to reset the printed due to the sheet detection issues (cleaning took care of it).
Because the printer was throwing some errors that required a reset, I did reset it. Now weird things are happening. The cleaning cycle sounds very fast and different from what it was, but most importantly, the printer bed preheats regardless of whether the preheat is set to OFF or not. As soon as I turn on the sub-power, t starts heating up.

How do I turn off the preheat on the printer? And any idea why the cleaning cycle now sounds and runs differently?

Thanks!
David
Found it. Apparently, Prefeat menu doesn't turn off the heat which is confusing. Instead, the heat is turned off from the Heater Config button.

FrankW

For the SP300, two different pump systems were available, with different amounts of inks transported per rotation of the pump motor (the old system needs more turns for the same amount of ink).

Perhaps your reset have resetted the system switches too, and have resetted the pump type to the old one.

Techy Ant

For the SP300, two different pump systems were available, with different amounts of inks transported per rotation of the pump motor (the old system needs more turns for the same amount of ink).

Perhaps your reset have resetted the system switches too, and have resetted the pump type to the old one.
Any thoughts on how I switch that?

FrankW

Is a system switch somewhere. Its more than 10 years ago that I have modified such a printer, I dont remember.