• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm SP 300V problem changing ink

Jen Goodwin

Whenever I change the ink in the versacamm sp 300V, the color I put in sucks up into the line that is on the same print head. Happens on both the black/cyan and also on the mag/yellow and I have to syringe it out and waste a bunch of ink every time. Anyone know what the problem is?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Start by changing your dampers especially if they are older than a year old. The dampers and the ink cartridge work together to keep the proper pressure in the system. When the damper starts to fail and you take the cartridge out, it can cause ink to fall out of the head into the cap top which will cause the cross contamination. I would be surprised if that wasn't it. If that doesn't fix it, there could be other issues like damaged ink lines or possibly maintenance station issues.