• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm sp 540v blow Power board fuse

Helvyn Santiago

I don't speak the language but i try to explain my trouble. I've a Versacamm SP540v Last Night and for three days i didn't print anything but when i came to print this morning the printer was totally off, no main power at all. I open the back and with my tester found that ceramic fuse of the powerboard was blow out. I carefully change the fuse connect all cables again switch on and the fuse blow again. It's the Power board Damage or its another component that make the fuse blew.

Thanks for your help
Helvyn

Dave L.

There is something that is blowing that fuse, it could be a head, cables or even a bad transistor on the main board. Turn power off and unplug. Check the transistor's readings and inspect all cables so that they are seated correctly and clean on the leads. If the Fuse blows after that, turn machine off completely and remove all cables from the print carraige to the heads. Make sure they are completely removed so you do not create a short..turn the machine on and see if the fuse blows. If it does not, one or more of the cables or print heads are to blame. Take two of the best looking cables and hook them up to the black head and turn the machine on. check fuse. Repeat for each head till you find the culprit. Good Luck

Helvyn Santiago

Found the problem

Hi there,
After a couple of days , a friend of mine visit me and check the printer. he tells me that a power surge blow away some components of the power board, so i tell him that is a better idea to buy a new one till he'll try to fix the damaged one.
The first search on the web send me to a Sign in China web page. $540.00 price tag for the board. WOW Finally searching by the original factory code ZWS150PAF-36 from TDK-Lambda i found on Allied Electronics webpage... $129.00 price tag + $33.00 shipping USPS Express Mail, Yesterday I installed by myself, bend over and pray The Lord, Power ON and... EVERYTHING IS ALLRIGHT
Thanks you all for your help!!! :rock-n-roll:

Last edited: