Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versacamm sp-540v ink level monitor

Discussion in 'Roland' started by make_edit, Apr 25, 2007.

1. make_edit

make_edit New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I have found that the veracamm sp-540v doesnt give you a heads up when ink is getting low, it just stops and says ink is out and what was printed is wasted. Is there such a thing that you can turn on to warn you on the printer or in the versaworks software?

Tags:
  2. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Versaworks/Printer/Stauts

This menu will show you remaining ink levels.

3. make_edit

make_edit New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    ok thanks, I guess I was just spoiled by the Epon 9600 throwing up a warning light when the inks were getting low.

4. customsticker

customsticker Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Keep a few extras around - I would never trust the machine 100%.

5. mediaman

mediaman Member

Feb 6, 2007
    make edit,

Both the Roland and Epson printers will stop when an ink is OUT. Simply change the cartridge and printing will resume, usually with no ill effects. Even my Epson 2200 (13 x 19 format) at home will stop, allow me to change the empty and will resume printing the file. On the Roland, go to the Menu on the front of the printer and scroll to Ink Control and set it to Stop, not Continue. You may have not had that parameter set correctly, though I think the default is to Stop. The Epsons will stop automatically. Don't change any ink when it says it is Low. That is just a heads-up to let you know it will be running out of that color in the near future. Keep an extra of each color and you'll never have to worry about ruining a print. I have a friend who let his printer beep for 18 hours til he got the color he needed, plugged it in and was good to go.

6. make_edit

make_edit New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    ok, one more question....the versaworks software times out and kills the print when the printer runs out of ink. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

7. javila

javila Active Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Versaworks shows a "resume" and "stop" window when we have to change cartridges.