• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm sp-540v ink level monitor

make_edit

I have found that the veracamm sp-540v doesnt give you a heads up when ink is getting low, it just stops and says ink is out and what was printed is wasted. Is there such a thing that you can turn on to warn you on the printer or in the versaworks software?

make_edit

ok thanks, I guess I was just spoiled by the Epon 9600 throwing up a warning light when the inks were getting low.

mediaman

make edit,

Both the Roland and Epson printers will stop when an ink is OUT. Simply change the cartridge and printing will resume, usually with no ill effects. Even my Epson 2200 (13 x 19 format) at home will stop, allow me to change the empty and will resume printing the file. On the Roland, go to the Menu on the front of the printer and scroll to Ink Control and set it to Stop, not Continue. You may have not had that parameter set correctly, though I think the default is to Stop. The Epsons will stop automatically. Don't change any ink when it says it is Low. That is just a heads-up to let you know it will be running out of that color in the near future. Keep an extra of each color and you'll never have to worry about ruining a print. I have a friend who let his printer beep for 18 hours til he got the color he needed, plugged it in and was good to go.

make_edit

ok, one more question....the versaworks software times out and kills the print when the printer runs out of ink. Is there a way to stop this from happening?