• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm SP300-V

Chief Chiquita

Does anyone know how to get into service mode? I've tried lots of arrow combinations and I am getting the message "service mode protected" We are having weird sequences of error messages. I called our tech a week ago in MA. He was too busy to come to Maine, then he was on vacation. He was scheduled to come up today but he has called in sick. We've been without the printer for a week, have orders that HAVE to ship by tomorrow that aren't even printed yet, and who knows when he's coming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the sequence of what happens:

1.) Upon loading material, we get an 'pinchroll error invalid right pos' even though its in the right place.

2.) Tried to reset the roller...same message.

3.) Tried to reset in another position...same message.

It seems like as the head moves back to the right, it slows down for a brief moment almost like it's trying to read or recognize a pinchroller or crop mark about half way back ...but there is nothing there, of course.

PLEASE HELP :-(

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA...................

There's another thread about VP540 from Brazil. I believe the information you are seeking might be in there.

Mason

The encoder strip is dirty.
Call Supplies Unlimited in Wakefield Ma. 781-295-0031

Welcome from Salem Ma

Ragnabrok

Not the encoder strip, it isn't used for a sheet set. Its the cut carriage cable, going from the cut tool back to the servo board. it tends to get crushed in the 300's.

guillermo

check the wire from the sensor behind the cutter and make sure that is plugged in, it happen to me about 2 months ago and the part (did not know that it needed) was $28 but I found the sensor it came off when I got a jam and was able to put it back, I am fine now, but for about 2 hours I got crazy trying to find out what was the problem.
check that sensor, you will need a mirror to see it, because it it located behind the cutter.