Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

versacamm sp300

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Bob 67, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    my roland is printing about 20% of a sign then the printer head goes away, yet screen says "now processing" have tried waiting it out and still nothing. any one have this happen? any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004

What do you mean by the printer head goes away?

3. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    sorry, the printer head retracts to its starting position away from vinyl. But now it wont print at all, versaworks can see the printer, rips it but it wont print. the tech that was here earlier rolled back an update and it was working fine, but im on auotmatic update and i figure it downloaded the update again.

4. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    wow, now im printing half a sign, lol. the printer prints half then stops screen says now processing but nothing ever happens. always the night you need a sign the next morning.lol

5. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Are you trying to use your computer for other functions during the print process? I had a simalar porblem with my Falcon using Flexi rip. I am still not sure what caused it but assumed that I had used too much vertual memory
    during printing.

6. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    no nothing is running besides versaworks, and I just put in 1.5 gb of ram thinking that might help me when I do want to have other apps running,.

7. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    just printed a small picture 3" square, printed fine yet the status monitor on versa says 0% and my printer screen says now processing but the picture has already printed?

8. Color Dude

Color Dude Verboten

Jun 20, 2005
    Bob,

Did your problem work itself out? If so what was it? If not let me know.

9. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    yeah i spent most of the night playing with it, it is still a mystery thou. I reinstalled a driver and changed the usb port. So it was one of those.
    it was probably a driver as it would only print a small portion of the sign and then shut off, but still say it was processing.

thanks. Bob

10. Color Dude

Color Dude Verboten

Jun 20, 2005
    glad to know that it was something simple, if you have any more problems with it let me know