Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versacamm stopping regularly to clean mid print.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Corkbhoy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Corkbhoy

Corkbhoy New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hello all,

My Versacamm VP-540i keeps stopping at regular intervals to clean mid print wasting lots of ink.
    I have tried cleaning and changing the chip on the ink cartridge and I am using Roland eco sol ink
    Can I override or switch off the cleaning?

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Tags:
  2. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Is it worth it to have these periodic cleans on, or is it a little unnecessary?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    A long lost welcome from PA.....................

4. Corkbhoy

Corkbhoy New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hi Pat, Periodic clean is set to none.

Suggestion on another forum that the problem may be with the chip recognition on the ink cartridge?

I have tried another cartridge on the most recent change and it is still happening.

5. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Also just as a side note, once you do get it turned off: We keep an eye on our prints every couple feet and if we notice anything funky, you can always hit pause and once paused, hold the cleaning button down until it beeps and it'll start cleaning and then unpause it once done. That way you still have the ability to force the clean once you turn it off.

6. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Are you sure it is cleaning, or is the machine pumping up the ink?