Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versacamm VP-540 Cutting After Laminate

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Jbrooks02, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jbrooks02

Jbrooks02 New Member

May 27, 2015
    Winston-Salem NC
    I have a Roland Versacamm VP-540. Was just wondering what some people use for settings on cutting laminated vinyl? Blade Extension, Force, Speed, Ext.

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You need to do test cuts and set the settings for your vinyl. I could tell you that when I cut laminated vinyl the force tends to be around the 100 gram mark but that is basically useless because I am not cutting the laminated vinyl that you are. One tip that might help you out though, blade extension is't really a setting. There is only one right way to install a blade and you shouldn't be adjusting the blade exposure at all. That's what the force setting is for. When the blade sticks out too far or too little, it creates defects in the cutting.

3. Jbrooks02

Jbrooks02 New Member

May 27, 2015
    Winston-Salem NC
    Yes I understand the blade extension isnt a setting. What would be a good starting point or a good pointer for setting the blade extension?