• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm VP300 makes a tinny scraping noise every time the head is over the capping stations

Hi

When I put the versacamm in to maintenance mode to change wiper, and move the head over, the plastic part on the righthand side bashes in to the wiper

This causes the aluminium square guard around the wiper mechanism to move and its sounds terrible and very tinny scraping sound

Its not so much as the two screws on the right-hand side of the head carriage but more the black plastic bit that the screws in in. It hits the wiper.

The head carriage itself is solid with no movement, but the aluminium square guard around the wiper mechanism does move a little. The two Allen bolts on the right-hand side of the aluminium are tight but the left-hand side is a little loose.

But I cannot work out why the wiper is hitting the underside of the head carriage or touching the small black plastic bit. The wipers seem to be low enough and properly seated.

Its almost if the whole wiper mechanism has risen by 3mm or so

Any ideas

I have attached an image. The arrow on the right is the wiper and the one on the left is the head carriage, the screw you can see, misses the wiper

Any help would gratefully accepted

Attachments

• Image 8.jpg
    Image 8.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 120
Do you mean the metal surround around the wiper mechanism? There is no way the head carriage has moved or lowered as this is solid. I just cant understand why the small black plastic bit on the right hand side of the head carriage is bumping the wiper?. This piece of plastic is on each side of the head and each one has two screws in it. But these are not bumping as they are not inline with the wiper

Its very odd, happened over night