• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm vp300 No magenta in test print

craigo

My versacamm vp 300 is not printing magenta when preforming a test print. I Replaced the captop and started to replace the dampers as well.
Having issue taking the air out of the lines. How do you do this?
I have a syringe to suck the ink to the line that connects to the damper but the ink is drawen back when connecting the line to the damper.
What to do???

Gabriel

You've replaced cap-top and also dampers and still can't pull ink in the head? Then it's most likely that your manifold crashed. Or, there's something with the cassette, but I don't think so. Take a good look at the manifold and maybe you'll be able to identify your issue.
Good Luck!

CustomRide

Power off printer.
Find black hose connected to the Magenta cap top going into the ink pump.
Disconnect it.
Put the end of black hose that was on pump onto a large syringe.
Make sure the heads are resting on the capping station and power is off.
Then pull back on the syringe mildly.
This will pull the ink through the line, through the damper and through the head into the black tube which is the bottom of the cap top.

note:

Get ink on the electronics especially the part where the white ribbon cable goes...you just got your self some more work to do....in other words don't flick, splatter or drop ink on any electrical parts.

If you hear a hissing or air leak noise the cap top needs replaced and cause air to go back into the ink lines and head.

This is simple, just make sure your not charged with static and power is off....can't stress that enough.