• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm vs SolJet Pro

chuckh

Can anyone explain the difference between a VersaCamm print/cut machine and a SolJet Pro print/cut? We spoke with a dealer on the phone who gave us incorrect info. I'm trying to determine which is best for our needs. Thanks to anyone who can assist

MrSalumi

Not all soljtets are print + cut.. you can get them print only, which is preferable in most opinions...

chuckh

I've been on the Roland website and am not smart enough to see where the info is available that clearly states the difference between the two. I know they all don't print and cut, but the SolJet Pro III XC-540 and the Versa Cammm SP are both available as 54" printer cutters w/ Eco Solvent ink. So.......what's the difference?

Sign Works

Print Speed, Print Quality, Soljet is 6 color where the SP is 4 color, Soljet comes with automated takeup system and let's not forget the 18K difference in price.

trimitbyrich

It's about quality. The Versacam is considered by Roland as an entry level machine. It still has the old dx4 dual head technology. The Soljet is much faster and built a little heavier with new dx5 head.