Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaCAMM won't recognize green heat transfer??

Discussion in 'Roland' started by goinmxn, Jul 16, 2009.

1. goinmxn

goinmxn Member

Mar 16, 2008
    641 James Madison Highway
    My VersaCAMM :noway:decided that it doesn't want to cut green heat transfer media today???? Any other color heat transfer or any color vinyl including green will work! It stops at the edges as usual and then starts feeding the media out and pulls it back and says to set it again? I cleaned one of the pinch wheels right before, as it had some dirt on it, but not sure if there is any correlation but I don't thinks so.

Thanks
    Steve:help

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Are you doing the print/cut, or are you using registration marks and cutting at a later time? If the pinch wheel has dirt/vinyl. etc...it will not cut correctly...the wheels "dogleg" the media while cutting.

3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    You may have an open vector path. Check that. What design program are you using?
    Cheers!
    Ken

4. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    Just the green? Yeah there's got to be something with the pinch wheel as opposed to it being against cutting a certain color! HAHA. Maybe it has something to do with the file? If you try sending the same file with a different color do you have the same problem?

5. goinmxn

goinmxn Member

Mar 16, 2008
    641 James Madison Highway
    It happens before I start anything! When I load the media, it checks the width then starts rolling it out and stops, says to try again. If I retry several times it will pick it up. Every other color works..... :banghead: I can't throw it out the window, I tried.... so I threw one of my employees out the window, now I feel better:thumb:

6. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Member

Aug 2, 2008
    South Australia
    Maybe try running it in "clear" mode so you manually enter the width, maybe the optics cant read the width?