Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versacamm

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mrmoto95, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mrmoto95

mrmoto95 Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Hello, anyone here use a versacamm? Waht kind of maintenance have you had, cost of inks, basicly is it a good machine. Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
  3. mreffex

mreffex Verboten

Mar 27, 2006
    Slow but consistent

Great machine but it only has 2 print heads which makes it slow. easy to load, great profiles with the versaworks rip software. we have a 54" machine, our tech support is great from our local company Innowave Sollutions, Charleston, SC.

4. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Got mine last week...Love the machine and the rip

5. gtjet

gtjet Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Can not imagine how we got along before we had it, actually on printing we did not really get along well at till we got our Versa Camm SP 300, wish I had sprung for the 540 now.

6. Hi,

We have been running our SP540 V for the past year and the only issue we had was a Scan Motor Error, which turned out to be some dust or something on the scanning strip.

Running costs are inexpensive and the quality is spot on when using the correct profiles for the materials.

Neil

7. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Same as 'gtjet' ...wish I would have waited a month and got the 540! Love my SP-300, not a moments trouble in a year and a half.

8. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

I have had my 300v for a year now. Great machine when working. We have had the pump, circuit board, dampers and one other thing (I forget what it was) replaced. The tech support is good thru the company I purchased it from. (VSS) I to wish that I had sprung for the 540v. That may still come ;)

9. txsurfer

txsurfer Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Texas
    540V for 8 mths and love it!!! It has not stopped running yet, the business for me seemed to follow?

10. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Yes, the 540 machine is excellent. I can't imagine how we did without it, like a previous poster said. We run tons of vinyl through it. Running banners is as close to printing money as you can get. Get yourself a grommet machine, run 13oz material and bam! Instant money.

Had it 6 months or so. No issues yet. Hard working machine. You do have to load the proper ICC profiles, though. After that you're good to go.