Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Versaworks 6.8.0 - Hang on Multi-page PDF RIP

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by graphicsottawa, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:56 PM.

Tags:
  1. graphicsottawa

graphicsottawa a.k.a. Phaedra

Nov 17, 2015
    Ottawa. ON
    So, I'm trying to RIP a 10 page PDF created in InDesign. Versawoks gets to 100% on the RIP and just hangs there. I had the same thing happen the other day on a multi-page created in Illustrator. Anyone else observing this behaviour? I really *really* don't want to have to go back to using .eps files.

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    Well Versaworks is not native with Adobe so I would expect something like this happen every once in a while. Eps I feel like is a better choice for VW.

3. KatePhillips

KatePhillips Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Halifax NS
    I have had Versa hang at 100% before, usually on large files or files with a lot of different special items (cut lines, variable data). Sometimes it gets to 100% and hangs there for a half hour but finally clears, but I have had to go shrink some files before. 10 pages - can you send them individually?

Some other possible solutions: making sure you've got lots of disk room, initializing program and clearing jobs, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. graphicsottawa

graphicsottawa a.k.a. Phaedra

Nov 17, 2015
    Ottawa. ON
    I ended up sending them individually as .eps files, which worked. I think I may have to go on a purge though. It's looking pretty cluttered in the queues.

5. KatePhillips

KatePhillips Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Halifax NS
    There's a different odd little bug that I find too occasionally, that if I'm loading multiple files and I right-click for settings on one of them before it's "loaded" into the queue (finished thinking about it) it can cause hangups too.