Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks 6 issue with my cutter

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by yukon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. yukon

yukon Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Kenvil NJ
    I've upgraded to VW6. I use a Roland VSi 540 printer and Roland GR540 cutter. This is my problem:

All the prints done in VW6 are cut on the GR540. When I send the cut command to the plotter it searches and finds the cropmarks as usual but doesn't proceed to cut the graphics. It just STOPS after searching for the marks. The screen on the cutter quickly says "cutting" even though it isn't cutting.

I've updated my firmware on the cutter, all connections are good and VW6 sees and is communicating with the GR540.

I have a call in to Roland but they haven't called back yet and I'm in a big bind! Been cutting on the VSi, but man is it slow!

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

2. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    There was something wrong with updates or installing your VW6.
    In some cases, removing and reinstalling software helps.
    (Clean install).

3. yukon

yukon Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Kenvil NJ
    Hi, Thanks for the reply! I did do a clean install using the VW6 migration tool which transferred my print jobs and settings (very helpful). I suppose I can try again to see if things improve. I also still have VW Duel that I can use but it won't be able to cut the existing print jobs from VW6.

Thank you!