• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks 6 issue with my cutter

yukon

I've upgraded to VW6. I use a Roland VSi 540 printer and Roland GR540 cutter. This is my problem:

All the prints done in VW6 are cut on the GR540. When I send the cut command to the plotter it searches and finds the cropmarks as usual but doesn't proceed to cut the graphics. It just STOPS after searching for the marks. The screen on the cutter quickly says "cutting" even though it isn't cutting.

I've updated my firmware on the cutter, all connections are good and VW6 sees and is communicating with the GR540.

I have a call in to Roland but they haven't called back yet and I'm in a big bind! Been cutting on the VSi, but man is it slow!

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

Bert Wondervan

There was something wrong with updates or installing your VW6.
In some cases, removing and reinstalling software helps.
(Clean install).

yukon

There was something wrong with updates or installing your VW6.
In some cases, removing and reinstalling software helps.
(Clean install).
Hi, Thanks for the reply! I did do a clean install using the VW6 migration tool which transferred my print jobs and settings (very helpful). I suppose I can try again to see if things improve. I also still have VW Duel that I can use but it won't be able to cut the existing print jobs from VW6.

Thank you!