Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help versaworks 6 perf cut

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by shacho, Sep 27, 2020.

1. shacho

shacho Member

Aug 19, 2015
    canada
    I am using versaworks 6 with and XR-640 pro 4 and I am attempting to do perf cutting for the first time on laminated vinyl. My problem is the half force only goes up to 80. I typically use about 110 to go through the vinyl and laminate nevermind the backing paper. Can anyone help with this. see picture attached.

thanx

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    Can you change the force on the cutter not through versaworks? And have the cutter ignore the Versaworks settings.

3. shacho

shacho Member

Aug 19, 2015
    canada
    What about the perf cut. What versa works it does is it goes from 250gf when perf cutting to 80gf when half cutting. Are you suggesting if I change the half force to 110 on my machine it will use that as the force for the half cut and ignore versa works but it would use versa works settings for the per cut? thanx

4. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    Ah no sorry i have it the wrong way round here (few years since we perf cut on a Roland) Perf cut is set up in versaworks not the cutter. I would double check the settings you should be able to go to maximum on both perf and half cut, we used to perf cut very thick laminate on ours.

5. shacho

shacho Member

Aug 19, 2015
    canada
    not in versaworks6

6. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I checked VW Dual and it's the same. I've asked Roland for the reasoning behind this. I'll let you know what their reply is.

7. Sean@CedarHouse

Sean@CedarHouse Printing Money

Sep 22, 2020
    Beaverton Oregon
    The half force is the tag left behind. The Perforation force is the cut through the material. My half force is set to 1 and I've never had an issue. My Perforation Force however is usually set to 220 or something based on the thickness of the material. Are your tags damaging your product?

8. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    It's all personal preference, but I like to set the half cut force equal to what would be the kiss cut force. This leaves tags only in the liner and the vinyl is cut cleanly this way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KrisBoo

KrisBoo New Member

Mar 6, 2020
    Luling, LA
    60 degree blade helps too.