• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks 6 wrong cut contours with clipping masks

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I wanna cut this file and versaworks sees the hidden original shape even tho I used clipping mask. It wasn't an issue until a couple of updates ago. Yes.. I can go around it and modify my file but it's extra work and now I have to save the file separately so if I ever wanna modify the clipping mask I can. ( otherwise, i would lose whatever was outside the clip)
Any other solution? Do you have the same issue?

Attachments

• stars.pdf
    404.1 KB · Views: 103

Stefanie

Does the original shape have the CUT_CONTOUR color on it? Otherwise I think you do have to save a separate file for print cut. Maybe take the file in to photoshop without cut contour and flatten the image then open flat image in illustrator and paste the cut lines over the image. I know a lot of steps.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Does the original shape have the CUT_CONTOUR color on it? Otherwise I think you do have to save a separate file for print cut. Maybe take the file in to photoshop without cut contour and flatten the image then open flat image in illustrator and paste the cut lines over the image. I know a lot of steps.
I know the way around, but thanks.

Costa Mesa Sign

I wanna cut this file and versaworks sees the hidden original shape even tho I used clipping mask. It wasn't an issue until a couple of updates ago. Yes.. I can go around it and modify my file but it's extra work and now I have to save the file separately so if I ever wanna modify the clipping mask I can. ( otherwise, i would lose whatever was outside the clip)
Any other solution? Do you have the same issue?
Release the clipping mask, reassign whatever else has the CutContour swatch, then remask.

VersaWorks doesn't ignore cut lines hidden in clip masks.

Think pristine when preparing printcut files.

Leaving iterative junk in the print file only introduces problematic variables.