• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks and CMYK Files?

TSG

I just found out that the problem seems to be coming from Photoshop. The file i am sending was created with Photoshop and built as a CMYK file. The only way it comes out from VW looking anywhere near correct is when i convert it to RGB. I just tried creating a new file with a CMYK color pallet in AI, and colors worked perfect as a CMYK file.

TSG

It's almost like the CMYK file in PS is being exported as an RGB, and that's why its not coming in to VW correctly...

Anyone have an idea of what PS may be doing to the CMYK file to mess it up as its exported?

I went through color management setting is PS and haven't been able to find anything that fixes the problem.

Malkin

I have sometimes had the same issue happen when my photoshop was exporting to the "CMYK - SWOP (Coated), 20% GCR, Heavy" profile,. When I set it to "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" it gave the same results that the Illustrator CMYK does...

I don't actually understand much of it, but can usually figure out how to make it work the way I want.

TSG

Thanks Malkin. I just went through all of that stuff again, and it's all set to US Web Coated (Swop) v2...

Something else is going on...I went and took the CMYK from PS, and brought it in to AI, and it looked correct in AI as CMYK. But i then exported it as an EPS to VersaWorks, and it came in looking messed up again, just like it came from PS...

I do in fact know it is PS causing the problem now, i just need to figure out what it is. Any CMYK file from AI comes in to VW correct...

Versaworks does not like compressed TIF files. Make sure that your settings in Photoshop are not set to using LZW or other compression algorithm when saving the file.