• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks and Windows 10

ImpactSignCo

Anyone have any idea about any compatibility issues with Versaworks and Windows 10? Sounds like we might be upgrading our computer for design and rip/print and I can't find anything online with a quick search. Should I backtrack all the way down to Windows 7?
Thanks for the advise.

kheebl

I just got a custom computer built hopefully picking it up in a few days I had them put win 7 pro on it, but I think I might set up dual boot so I can run 7 and 10. Sorry my response wasn't about vw.

WildWestDesigns

I usually suggest if there is concern about compatibility with programs, run the new OS (or OS in question) in a VM and then try to run your programs on it.

I do believe MS does allow for a near functionality try out of the new OS. Run it in a VM and see what you come up with, before you commit to a physical install.

kheebl

I usually suggest if there is concern about compatibility with programs, run the new OS (or OS in question) in a VM and then try to run your programs on it. I do believe MS does allow for a near functionality try out of the new OS. Run it in a VM and see what you come up with, before you commit to a physical install.

How do you go about doing that?

WildWestDesigns

How do you go about doing that?

If you are talking about running an OS in a VM, the cheapest way is to get VirtualBox for whatever OS you are running now. Get the Windows 10 ISO from MS website. Might have to make it a bootable ISO. Install and run VirtualBox, create a file linking to the Win 10 ISO and install normally, just within VirtualBox.

I have attached a screenshot to show what my rig is like. Lenova P500 running Fedora 22 as the host and on the Cintiq running a VM of Win 7 using VirtualBox. This is my production rig, so that's how I actually run my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3629.jpg
    IMG_3629.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Rig Screenshot.jpg
    Rig Screenshot.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 130