• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks color density level

jagsouthern

I have been having a problem with the 100% black smearing even after 24 hours. I am wondering if the coverage is so dense that the ink will not thoroughly set. What will the "density level" adjustment in Versaworks do to coverage? I am using EcoSol Max inks and compatible media. Are there other causes for such problems? Heaters are up to max too.

jagsouthern

Profiles come from Versaworks and they do match the media. I am assuming that you goof are saying that matte is more durable than gloss; this would be nice if I don't want to laminate everything...and I don't. What then does the density level adjustment do for the printing?

Mason

It has to a profile issue or some other setting, typically VersaWorks lays down less ink than say printing from Flexi..

javila

You mess with the density levels are you're creating the profiles. What material/profile combo are you using?

Goofball

Jag...I'm not saying that Matt material is more durabale.....it is a little thicker so it's easier to work with......the way it takes the ink is amazing....I rarely laminate prints and I've got several that has been outside for over a year and still looks fine. With Matt material you can print on high speed and get a better look than you can printing on Gloss on standard. Give it a try sometime. As far as density level adjustments I'm not the one to ask on that. Goof luck!

Bob