• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Contour Cut incorrectly applied

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am having trouble with my contour cuts from VersaWorks. It appears the contour cut is slightly off probably because of the Pixels. The contour cut is correct on Flexi. However, when I send it to VersaWorks, it is incorrect. How do I fix this issue?
Contour Cut.png

BigNate

You use vectors in all of the above, I currently use Onyx, but I guarantee the plotter you are using is receiving vector data to make the cut. The graphic you are using is in rasters, forcing anything that plots your artwork to do a trace of the pixels to create vectors - not ideal, design in vectors/leave things in vectors (the rasterized type you are having trouble with did start life as vector art, but somewhere someone RIPed in to pixels, and now your software is tracing the pixels to try to recreate the vectors so you can plot it.... ever try to translate a phrase to and from another language? something is always lost in the translation - same thing here as your 2 trace engines are tracing different areas of the image.)

the type you are using is obviously pixelated - or raster graphics - if you keep everything as vectors, the software has a formulae to follow for the lines (and the plotter uses vectors to plot.) When you use rasters the software has to try to determine where a smooth line should go, but the only things defined are the pixels... and as you can see, different software can create different vectors from the same set of rasters. If you keep all artwork in vectors (or at least any edge artwork) then you will eliminate errors from different traces.

damonCA21

As above. Cutters work best when they are working from vectors. You need to create your artwork as a vector, then when you export it to versaworks do it as an EPS file. It will never cut very well from a jpeg or similar raster file as they don't have a defined edge for the cutter to follow

T4rb6

hello the Cut contour preview in versawork is not very accurate on small files
it's not a bug it's a feature ....
the wrong preview in versaworks doesn't say it will cut no good

vesrsawork on tile preview doesn't make quality preview of cut and color too