Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks contour cutting issue

Discussion in 'Roland' started by landdesigns, Apr 17, 2010.

1. landdesigns

landdesigns Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Bridgewater NY
    I have noticed latley after doing my contour cuts on prints there are spots that are not cut. When opening the layout window I noticed the blue border around the print is close to the print eliminating parts of the contour cut (red dash border) showing the cut that will be made.
    Is there a way to adjust distance of the blue border away from the print on Versacam so i dont have issues with the contour cut.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Check your blade
    Check your cut strip for damage (replace)
    See if the EPS Setting is not set to "0" - give it a .25 or so setting in your Edit (saves as default)

3. cfbeagle

cfbeagle Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Are you printing from EPS files? You need a larger boundary around the file.

I use Corel... In Corel when you export click on the "Advanced" tab, make sure the "bleed limit" box is checked, and put ".125" in the field beside it.

4. landdesigns

landdesigns Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Bridgewater NY
    I also use Corel, I'm sure if i change the bleed like you suggested that will cure the problem Thanks!!!