• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks contour cutting problem

SirSlarty

What would cause an unaligned contour cut?

I export an EPS of some text with a contour cut from Flexi and import into VersaWorks. There's marching ants red outline of the preview. I do a Print and Cut alignment setting. I laminate the print, line up the registration marks on the printer and the contour doesn't follow the outlines of the letters. It's off maybe a 1/16" on the x and y (axis).

threeputt

Possible things: Blade force set too high. Cutting speed too fast. Media shrunk due to cold temperature in room. Offset value is not at "0". Media is slipping under the friction rollers.

Just a few guesses.

SirSlarty

Oops, it's VersaCamm SP-300V

It doesn't align the crop marks properly. Print & Cut work fine but printing and aligning the crop marks throw the contour cut way off.

I called my supplier and they're looking into it. Sending them the samples and files that I used to see if it a software issue with Flexi.

javila

Tried doing the alignment for print cut, and the evironment match?

(assuming the sp-300v have those, I'm not sure =X)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you try printing and cutting a few very simple free forms ?? If not, try it and see how accurate they are and to which side they are off and if consistently.

SirSlarty

Gino, yeah I did, after every single print and cut it was off alignment exactly the same. I think something's up with the sensor eye.