• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks crashing 2% into RIP. File size limits?

Noumenon

I'm attempting to print a rather large banner from a high resolution panoramic photo. File size is approx. 375mb, and a TIFF. Running Windows 7 64-bit, Versaworks 4.1, Intel i3 CPU @ 3.2 ghz and 6gb of ram. I've tried rebooting and running the program in compatibility mode. No matter what I've tried as soon as the RIP gets to 2%, a window pops up saying versaworks has quit unexpectedly. The funny thing is, I can close that window and still navigate around versaworks to some extent, but I can't get it to remove the file from the queue.

Any suggestions? Is there a file size limitation? Anyone had problems with TIFF's?

rozankan

Reinitialize VersaWorks

From the information above, you are well within the file size capabilities of Roland VeraWorks, however please make sure that you are not using ZIP or JPEG compression. VersaWorks does not support these compression methods in TIFF files.

You can re-initialize the VersaWorks application which clears the Job queue by performing the following steps:

Start -> All Programs -> Roland VersaWorks folder -> Initialize Application.

You will see a message that the application has been initialized successfully.

When you relaunch VersaWorks, the Job queue be blank and you can try adding the TIFF file without compression.

Feel free to PM or call our Technical Support Department at 1-800-542-2307 and Press "1".

----------------------
Robert Ozankan
Senior Product Manager - Color Products
Roland DGA