• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Cut Image Boundaries

MJzr

I have a paint mask i'm making, its pretty big so i made it into tiles in versaworks with the clip and tile menu. i have cut image boundaries selected so i can trim the edges and piece it together better. my problem is that random tiles won't have one side cut, the tiles are smaller than the vinyl by about an inch and in the preview it shows all 4 sides with the dotted line. i can't understand how it's missing a side when cutting the boundary. anyone else ever have this problem?

MJzr

i can't change the border width in versaworks. this is an option turned on in versaworks, not a line i have made.

cajun312

In versaworks go to Edit, then que A or B settings then file format, that's were you can set your margin.

MJzr

is that the only way to change it? when i open up the settings for the job i'm doing the eps margin is greyed out. also what does this do?

MJzr

yeah i understood that but i was hoping to change it on my current job, the options greyed out on it and having to reload the job would screw up a few days of work which i can't afford. its good for future print jobs tho.

cajun312

I just checked mine and it's not grayed out in the que settings, it is grayed out if I go to file format for a single file. When you change the settings as I mentioned before, it changes the margin for all jobs in that que (A or B)

Mike F

yeah i understood that but i was hoping to change it on my current job, the options greyed out on it and having to reload the job would screw up a few days of work which i can't afford. its good for future print jobs tho.

It'll be grayed out no matter what file you load in there, it's a default setting for the entire queue. You have to go into the settings for the actual queue, by either going to Edit > Queue A (or B) Settings, or you can also double click on the actual folder graphics labeled A and B. The .eps margin you set along with any other settings you change when you change your .eps margin will be the default queue settings used when adding a new job to that queue

MJzr

oops, sorry bout that guys. i figured if you can set it for a whole que you can set it for a single job file too. so i guess next job i do wont have the issue if i set it at around .05 like suggested. i still don't understand what this does either, i google'd it but its coming up with a load of stuff about the stock market lol and i'm sure versaworks aint that powerful.

Mike F

oops, sorry bout that guys. i figured if you can set it for a whole que you can set it for a single job file too. so i guess next job i do wont have the issue if i set it at around .05 like suggested. i still don't understand what this does either, i google'd it but its coming up with a load of stuff about the stock market lol and i'm sure versaworks aint that powerful.

From another forum...

The margin is for eps files that can get the edges clipped in the export process from the design programs. If the cutline is at the edge, it can be clipped and Versaworks will not see the entire line.

MJzr

well that clears it up thanks! i really wish i'd searched this site not google. im so slow today